Please join us for a PTO meeting on Thursday, January 14 at 7:30pm in the Franklin library. Dr. Susan Swick, Chief of Division of Child and Adolescent Psychology at Newton Wellesley Hospital, will present on “Raising the Resilient Child”. She has been an important voice in the Newton community, addressing the tragedies at Newton South.
Learn how to help your child develop the important skills necessary to deal with setbacks and stress, learn the skills of resilience, and cultivate emotional grit. Hear how to help develop those attitudes that help cope with everyday challenges and disappointments.
And don’t forget, room parents should meet first at 7pm to discuss plans for the second half of the school year.
Hope to see you all there!
- The Franklin PTO Board
Happy New Year from the Franklin PTO! We hope you enjoyed the winter break and wish you and your family a happy and healthy year in 2016! As we start the new year, we’d like to remind you about some upcoming events.
- Friday, January 8, 8:30-10:30am in the library – Please join Superintendent David Fleishman and members of the Newton School Committee for their annual visit to Franklin. The meeting will include a brief update on district initiatives, followed by an interactive session to answer your questions and listen to feedback. Light refreshments will be served.
- Thursday, January 14, 7:30-8:30pm (7:00pm for room parents) in the library – Please join us for our 3rd PTO meeting of the school year. We will discuss “Raising a Resilient Child” with Dr. Susan Swick, Chief of the Child and Adolescent Psychology Division at Newton-Wellesley Hospital.
- Monday, January 18 – no school due to the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday
- Friday, January 22, 8:30-9:30am in the library – Principal Coffee with Elaine Harold – Find out what’s going on at Franklin and ask your questions. Light refreshments will be served.
- Finally, don’t forget to SAVE THE DATE for our annual auction – our biggest fundraiser of the year! The online auction will be start February 22, and this year we are excited to announce the return of the SILENT AUCTION on Saturday, March 6 at 7:00pm at Post 440. You don’t want to miss this opportunity to spend a night out while raising money for our school! Also, if you would like to volunteer to help with the auction or if you have items to donate such as sports or theater tickets, gift cards, or even a weekend at your vacation home, please contact Amy Horsman, Auction Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you at a PTO event this year and thank you for your continued support of our school!
- The Franklin PTO Board
Mark your calendars with these important PTO and fundraiser events:
- Jan. 14th
- March 9th
- June 2nd
Upcoming Fundraiser Events:
- December 4th Hipstitch Sip and Sew Fundraiser – 35$ per person
- December 14th Comella’s Dine for Dollars – all day- 15% back to Franklin
- December 15th-22nd – Consign at ParkPlace, upscale Nonantum consignment shop-10% back to Franklin